Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Journey Begins

After years of neglect, over processing and heat damage, I decided to BC (big chop) my hair the beginning of September 2009. I had taken down a sew-in and was starring at myself in the mirror, at how dry and brittle and just overly damaged my hair was. My edges were paper thin and there was alot of breakage. I talked about BC'ing my hair with my husband a few months before, but never thought that I would have the courage to do so until that moment. I shaved...yes shaved my hair off to a very low fade or ceasar cut. From the first glide of the clippers I felt so liberated. This is the beginning of my love affair with myself. Learning to love me for who I am and getting to know myself. This journey is not just about hair. It's about transformation and growth, becoming a better person, a stronger woman.

a comic strip!

No comments:

Post a Comment